What are your biggest nutrition and health accomplishments of 2016? Are you a better cook? Eating more fruits and vegetables? Maybe you’ve lowered your cholesterol or blood sugar levels, written a cookbook, earned a new credential. Do tell what makes you feel good about 2016. Reflecting on your successes is key to more successes.
For me, 2016 has meant a lot of writing and creating new content. I started my fourth book and have made quite a bit of progress on it! This next one is about preventing type 2 diabetes, and I’m very excited about it. I’ve continued to write for a number of magazine and websites too. And I’ve been more active on my own blog – though not as active as I would like.
As I look back on 2016 and forward toward 2017, I’ve discovered my most popular blog posts. Thanks for reading and for staying with me through 2016. May we all have a happy, healthy, fun and energy-filled 2017!
- Metabolism Booster, Time-Waster of Worse. Even though I posted this toward the end of the year, it was my most popular post of 2016. It tells me that you like sound science and need the real deal regarding topics that get a lot of hype.
- You’re interested to know what resistant starch is. Lots of you read Resistant Starch: What Foods Have It and a Recipe.
- My most popular interview was about diabetes meal planning with expert Hope Warshaw.
- You love recipes. It was pretty much a tie between Chunky Gazpacho and Mediterranean Chickpea Salad for summer recipes. I confess that the chickpea salad is really a 2015 recipe, but it was still super popular in 2016. The most popular cold-weather recipe was this delicious Creamy Tomato Soup, which is so well-loved in my house that I make a batch a few times a month. I posted several fish recipes because of their health-boosting properties and the ease of cooking with frozen fish filets. The most popular fish recipe is Fish with Lemon-Mustard Caper Sauce. Another popular recipe in 2016 is one I created in 2015 for my daughter because the recipe produces a lot and it freezes well. Curried Chicken and Chickpea Stew is still a favorite.
- I write a lot about diabetes. My most popular post on that topic asks which is better for diabetes management: lifestyle changes or drugs?
- I had 31 guest bloggers for National Nutrition Month. The amazing Dr. David Katz wrote the most popular post that month. He wrote Prioritize Food Over Nutrients. I sure can’t argue with that advice.
- You all enjoyed 8 Healthful Foods to Prep on the Weekend. Please tell me what foods you are preparing ahead.
- Finally, my favorite post to write was Staying Healthy on Vacation. And that’s because I got to post pictures of my kids!
Tell us if you have a favorite accomplishment or most popular nutrition and health blog post from 2016.
And cheers to a magnificent 2017!