Fish with Lemon Mustard Caper Sauce
Are you intimidated by fish?
So many of my clients enjoy fish but don’t know how to prepare a healthy fish recipe, or even how to buy it. I’m a fan of individually-frozen fish fillets because they thaw so quickly in a pot of cold water and because I don’t have to worry about freshness. By the time I’ve changed out of my work clothes and gathered the rest of my ingredients, the frozen fish fillets are fully defrosted and ready to go.
This quick, healthy fish recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight.
While the fish is defrosting, I start some brown rice or wheat berries in my rice cooker. Once the fish is in the oven, I whip up the sauce and prepare a vegetable. Dinner in no time! And delicious too.Fish with Lemon Mustard Caper Sauce. Try it with BarramundiClick To Tweet
I have prepared this recipe with both barramundi and tilapia. Both are delicious. Check out an earlier post to get more tips to boost your fish intake. And try this Asian-Inspired Barramundi for another fast recipe.
Fish with Lemon Mustard Caper SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 24 ounces frozen Barramundi (2 packages) or other white fish
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice + extra to squeeze over the fish before cooking
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 - 4 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Defrost the individually wrapped fish fillets in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Once thawed, remove the fish from the plastic wrap.
- Place the thawed fish fillets on a baking pan, and drizzle a bit of lemon juice over each fillet. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until flakey.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by mixing the remaining ingredients (2 tablespoons lemon juice through parsley) in a bowl.
- Once the fish is cooked through, place each fillet on a serving dish and top with the sauce.
Please tell me your favorite ways to get a quick and healthful recipe meal on the table.
Jill Weisenberger, MS, RDN, CDE, CHWC, FAND, is a Nutrition, Culinary & Diabetes Expert, Wellcoach®-certified health and wellness coach, Freelance Writer, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Educator. She's also the author of four books, including a best-seller. She's a nationally-recognized media expert in high demand for print and online interviews, as well as corporate and one-on-one nutritional counseling. Jill's philosophy is that nutrition science should be understandable, realistic and oh so delicious.
Leave a Reply
Welcome to my Blog
Like most of my patients and clients, I lead a busy life. You probably do too. Fortunately, you don’t need weeks, days or even hours to start living better and healthier. This blog offers timesaving strategies and bite-sized nutrition and health information. Come by often for tips and inspiration to healthy living – no matter how busy you are. I am a registered dietitian nutritionist offering credible, practical nutrition advice to keep busy people healthy. Yes indeed, we can be both busy and healthy.