Fish with Lemon Mustard Caper Sauce
This healthy fish recipe is baked in the oven, and topped with a flavorful lemon mustard caper sauce. A simple yet impressive dinner for any weeknight dinner.Are you intimidated by fish?
So many of my clients enjoy fish but don’t know how to prepare a healthy fish recipe, or even how to buy it. I’m a fan of individually-frozen fish fillets because they thaw so quickly in a pot of cold water and because I don’t have to worry about freshness. By the time I’ve changed out of my work clothes and gathered the rest of my ingredients, the frozen fish fillets are fully defrosted and ready to go.
This quick, healthy fish recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight.
While the fish is defrosting, I start some brown rice or wheat berries in my rice cooker. Once the fish is in the oven, I whip up the sauce and prepare a vegetable. Dinner in no time! And delicious and heart-healthy too.Fish with Lemon Mustard Caper Sauce. Try it with BarramundiClick To Tweet
I have prepared this recipe with both barramundi and tilapia. Both are delicious.Learn lots of ways to love your heart! Grab your FREE copy of heart-healthy food and ingredient swaps. It’s 6 pages!
- 24 ounces frozen Barramundi (2 packages) or other white fish
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice + extra to squeeze over the fish before cooking
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 - 4 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Defrost the individually wrapped fish fillets in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Once thawed, remove the fish from the plastic wrap.
- Place the thawed fish fillets on a baking pan, and drizzle a bit of lemon juice over each fillet. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until flakey.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by mixing the remaining ingredients (2 tablespoons lemon juice through parsley) in a bowl.
- Once the fish is cooked through, place each fillet on a serving dish and top with the sauce.
LOVE Your Heart
Get a 6-page list of heart-healthy food & ingredient swaps
I'm Jill, and I believe simple changes in your mindset and health habits can bring life-changing rewards. And I don't believe in willpower. It's waaaay overrated. As a food-loving registered dietitian nutritionist, certified diabetes care and education specialist and certified health and wellness coach, I've helped thousands of people solve their food and nutrition problems. If you're looking for a better way to master this whole healthy eating/healthy living thing or if you're trying to prevent or manage diabetes or heart problems, you'll find plenty of resources right here.
Leave a Reply
Welcome to my Blog
Hi there! I'm Jill, a nutrition & diabetes expert and the author of 4 books.
I believe simple changes in health habits can bring you life-changing rewards.
And I believe willpower is way overrated.
Right here is where you can discover the mindset and habits to stick with healthy lifestyle choices most of the time - and drop the guilt when you don't.