This Chunky Gazpacho Recipe is an easy and summer-worthy way to get more fresh vegetables into your diet. Only 90 calories per cup, and super refreshing!
More vegetables. More vegetables. More vegetables.
Here’s an easy and delicious way to get an extra serving or two of these health-boosting foods. Great nutrition and only 90 calories per cup!
Celebrate summer with this simple Chunky Gazpacho recipe.Click To Tweet
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled
- 1 1/2 large bell peppers, any color
- 2 large celery stalks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 - 1 teaspoon sriracha or hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (11.5 fluid ounce) cans of tomato juice or vegetable juice, such as V8, divided
- Cut the vegetables into manageable pieces, usually about 2 or 3-inches each. In a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or a food processor, place all of the ingredients except the vegetable or tomato juice. Add about half of the juice. Process until you have the desired consistency. Add the rest of the vegetable juice. Stir. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
What’s your favorite way to prepare or serve gazpacho? Do you prefer chunky or smooth?
I'm Jill, and I believe simple changes in your mindset and health habits can bring life-changing rewards. And I don't believe in willpower. It's waaaay overrated. As a food-loving registered dietitian nutritionist, certified diabetes care and education specialist and certified health and wellness coach, I've helped thousands of people solve their food and nutrition problems. If you're looking for a better way to master this whole healthy eating/healthy living thing or if you're trying to prevent or manage diabetes or heart problems, you'll find plenty of resources right here.
Leave a Reply
Welcome to my Blog
Hi there! I'm Jill, a nutrition & diabetes expert and the author of 4 books.
I believe simple changes in health habits can bring you life-changing rewards.
And I believe willpower is way overrated.
Right here is where you can discover the mindset and habits to stick with healthy lifestyle choices most of the time - and drop the guilt when you don't.