Beans, beans are good for the heart and so much more! Research tells us that eating beans may help prevent heart disease and some types of cancers. Beans might improve blood sugar and blood cholesterol. Bean-eaters tend to have trimmer waistlines. Plus beans are rich in protein, fiber, resistant starch, folate, potassium, magnesium and more.
This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is one of my favorites. The freshness of the lemon juice makes the flavors pop. And it’s a quick recipe to toss together.
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 10 kalamata olives, quartered
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Toss the chickpeas, chopped vegetables and parsley together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and mix well.
- Add the feta cheese. Mix.
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe!