Oh yum! Healthy desserts are my thing. I think you’ll like this one for it’s taste, nutrition and simplicity.
You probably already know that I’m a big fan of desserts with benefits. I love sweets. I really, really love healthy desserts. And even though it isn’t chocolate, this one is still fabulous.
The beauty of this recipe is that it requires only two ingredients, and you very well may have them in your house already. Just yogurt and fruit. You can use fresh berries that you’ve frozen or simply pick up a bag of frozen fruit at the supermarket.
Fruit-based desserts are a favorite of mine because they are so nutrient packed and because fruits are generally under-consumed. Don’t worry about the sugar in fruits. Even with their natural sugar, fruit is linked to less chronic disease. And speaking of sugar, check out my post asking whether or not sugar really is toxic, and pick up my free guide all about sugar.
Yogurt is another favorite food. Some studies link yogurt to less risk of developing type 2 diabetes. And that’s something I care a lot about!Cool off with this #HealthyDessert!Click To Tweet
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries or berries and pitted cherries (about 4.7 ounces)
- 1 (5.3-ounce) container of nonfat strawberry Greek or Icelandic yogurt ( I used Siggi's brand)
- Place both ingredients into a food processor or powerful blender and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the contents into a freezer-safe container, and freeze for at least two hours.
- If desired, garnish with fresh mint leaves or chocolate shavings.