Cold Cucumber Yogurt Soup
This cold cucumber yogurt soup truly tastes like summer! It’s one of my favorite ways to serve up all those fresh cucumbers and mint in my backyard garden. Plus, you can whip it up in only 15 minutes!
I’ll be honest: I don’t really eat such a small portion of this soup. I like it way too much. I’ll eat at least a small bowl of it and pair it with a black bean burger or tuna or egg salad. Add some sliced peaches or fresh berries, and the table is screaming summer.
My other favorite cold soup for summer is Chunky Gazpacho. I process it in my Vitamix as well. Gazpacho is filled with health-boosting vegetables and delicious seasonings. This soup is also a health-booster. Yogurt is 1 of 7 surprising foods for a prediabetes diet, so I incorporate it in as many recipes as possible.Healthy eating is one way to prevent type 2 diabetes. Get your free prediabetes checklist to keep track of 4 important health domains.
Summer Cucumber Yogurt Soup
- 3 cups chopped cucumber (about 430 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 scallion, cut in 3 or 4 pieces
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves (about 6 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Finely chopped carrot and/or red onion as a topping
- Using a Vitamix or a powerful blender, mix all the ingredients except for the toppings. The soup should be thick with noticeable pieces of vegetables. Do not liquify the soup. I use speed 5 on my Vitamix for 15-20 seconds, which provides for a very thick soup. Process a little longer if you prefer smaller pieces of cucumber and scallion.
- Chill for an hour or longer.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with finely chopped carrot and/or red onion.
Say NO to type 2 diabetes. Download this prediabetes checklist & start keeping track today!
I'm Jill, and I believe simple changes in your mindset and health habits can bring life-changing rewards. And I don't believe in willpower. It's waaaay overrated. As a food-loving registered dietitian nutritionist, certified diabetes care and education specialist and certified health and wellness coach, I've helped thousands of people solve their food and nutrition problems. If you're looking for a better way to master this whole healthy eating/healthy living thing or if you're trying to prevent or manage diabetes or heart problems, you'll find plenty of resources right here.
Leave a Reply
Welcome to my Blog
Hi there! I'm Jill, a nutrition & diabetes expert and the author of 4 books.
I believe simple changes in health habits can bring you life-changing rewards.
And I believe willpower is way overrated.
Right here is where you can discover the mindset and habits to stick with healthy lifestyle choices most of the time - and drop the guilt when you don't.