- 2 cups cooked pearled, barley (prepared without salt)
- 3 ounces baby spinach, torn (about 4 - 5 cups whole baby spinach leaves), remove tough stems if any
- 1 6- ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (about ¾ cup chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (about 5 - 6 ounces)
- 1 15- ounce can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
In a large bowl, mix together the cooked barley, spinach, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and beans.
In a small bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the barley, beans and vegetables and mix well. Chill several hours. Before serving, sprinkle with the feta cheese and mix gently.
Variation: Feel free to add any vegetable you like. Shredded carrots are very pretty in this dish.
Serving: 3/4 cup | Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 230mg | Fiber: 4g