- 2 pounds chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 3 celery sticks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 28 ounces petite diced canned tomatoes, no salt added, undrained
- 16 ounces frozen lima beans
- 1 can (14-ounces) corn, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha or other hot sauce
Combine the first 4 ingredients (chicken through bay leaf) in a large Dutch oven or pot. Bring the contents to a gentle boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked though, about 20 minutes.
Place the cooked chicken on a plate and allow it to cool briefly. Remove the bay leaf and discard. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred it and return it to the pot.
Add the remaining ingredients. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for at least one hour.
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serving: 1.5 cups | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 435mg | Fiber: 5g