- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup (feel free to use honey if you prefer)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt or other coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp orange zest, preferably freshly grated
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1.5 cups chopped walnuts, pecans or a combination of both
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Microwave sweet potatoes until soft. Cut each potato in half, and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Discard the skins.
Mash the sweet potatoes with the maple syrup, salt, pepper, orange zest and orange juice.
Shape the mashed sweet potato mixture into 18 balls.
Heat the honey gently in the microwave.
First roll each ball into the honey and then into the chopped nuts.
Place each ball onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick baking spray or lined with a nonstick baking mat. Bake for 20 minutes.
Serving: 1ball | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 38mg | Fiber: 2g